Credentials and Professional Experience
Joan Hall holds a Master of Arts Degree in Counseling and Counselor Education with emphasis on organizational development and a PhD in Health Psychology. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Georgia and a certified Project Management Professional with many years leading healthcare related projects.
Joan has a prior background as an EMT and nursing from her 20 years of active service in the U.S. Army. Joan is a retired Army Veteran and brings in depth knowledge of the military/veteran culture and experience to the Ray of Hope Counseling Center. Joan is also an equestrian and uses horses in her counseling practice.
Joan has worked as a counseling therapist across inpatient and outpatient settings in Colorado, Alabama, and Washington, D.C., over the years. She has been in the GA area since 2013.
Joan is a cognitive behavior therapist at her core. She also incorporates emotion focused and experiential methods with her equestrian facilitated counseling approach. She strives to stay abreast of current research based counseling practices and adjusts her practice to the latest findings to ensure her clients receive the best care available.
Areas of Expertise
- Alcohol and other drug related issues to include smoking cessation with an appreciation that abstinence is not always the best approach
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Related Problems to include Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Medication Management
- Living with and managing chronic medical/health condition
- Teen Issues
- Career Development
- Workplace issues
- Equine Facilitated Counseling (EFT) is incorporated into the counseling sessions when appropriate and mutually agreed upon between client and therapist.
Feel Free To Contact Us
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us or send us a message.
Ray of Hope Counseling Services accepts all forms of insurance and Medicaid, has seven convenient locations in Kennesaw, GA, Alpharetta, GA, Conyers, GA, Athens, GA, Canton, GA, Peachtree City, GA, East Cobb/Marietta, GA, and Lawrenceville, GA also serving the surrounding counties.
Call us at (678) 213-2194